Friday, April 16, 2021

There's a Mouse Inside My House

My poem today is in Skeltonic verse. You can see the prompt requirements here


There's a Mouse Inside My House
By Candace Shultz 

I saw a mouse
Inside my house.
I screamed and ran away.
I got my cat without delay
To make her catch her prey,
But I was just betrayed
Because my cat only stayed
While her tail swayed
And the mouse, afraid,
Ran under the dishwasher.
My cat began to purr,
Not a hunter, for sure,
So I yelled at the mouse,
"You can have this house!"
And I moved shortly thereafter
To the sound of teeny laughter.

 




25 comments:

  1. Loved it, especially the line "ran under the dishwasher"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed it! Congrats on the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem and congratulations on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, perfect! Funny and with suspense. And a happy ending - for some at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a fun treat to read. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. applause
    without pause
    for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun. congrats on being chosen today.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must know my cat. He actually had a mouse in his mouth and dropped it. So much fun, this. Congratulations on being the chosen one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your cat did better than mine. My cat will chase bugs and lizards, but not mice.

      Delete