Sunday, April 11, 2021

Dear Pollen

The prompt for NaPoWriMo today is to write a poem in the form of letters exchanged between myself and another person. I decided to write a poem to pollen (obviously not a person) because my allergies have been much worse this last week. I'm ready to feel normal again, well, as normal as I can get with having allergies all year round. 


Dear Pollen
By Candace Shultz

Dear Pollen,

Today I heard your oak numbers are very high.
No wonder my eyes are itchy, red, and dry.
My nose is runny. I keep on sneezing.
At night I'm coughing, sometimes wheezing.
My sinuses hurt. My head, it aches.
Knock it off, for goodness sake!
Please don't continue this any longer
Or I fear my allergies will only get stronger.

Sincerely,

A human who just wants to breathe


Dear Human,

I do apologize.
Our tiny grains are on the rise.
You must suffer so that we can live.
For this reason, please do forgive.

Sincerely,

Pollen everywhere

2 comments: