Saturday, April 3, 2021

Mischievous Kitty

Today I made a list of 100 words based off of the prompt from NaPoWriMo, which you can see here. Then I randomly picked four words (feet, cat, screech, Reese's Cup) to use in my poem. It was a little challenging, but I had fun with this one. 


Mischievous Kitty

I lie on my stomach 
against the soft green blanket 
that stretches across my king size bed.
My restless feet dangle over the edge.
My fingers tap tap tap on my phone
as I match colored pills to defeat viruses. 

I don't hear my cat
sneaking up on me.
I don't see her pounce.
But I feel her sharp claws digging.
I feel her tiny teeth
piercing my skin.

I screech! I lunge off the bed!
But she's already running away,
disappearing from my room.
I sprint after her anyway:
my heart pumping,
my foot aching,
my blood on fire.

I see her run downstairs,
her feet flying over the steps,
so I chase her, time moving slow
as I take one step at a time down
into the living room where she stops.

She lies down and stares up at me,
daggers in her eyes as I yell at her,
my finger pointing: BAD KITTY!
She lowers her face and licks her paw.
And I just shake my finger at her
before walking away in search 
of a Reese's Cup and a Band-Aid 
to cure my anger and my pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment