Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Life After Death

For Day 28 of NaPoWriMo, I followed a prompt to write a poem asking questions. 


Life After Death
By Candace Shultz

What lays beyond life?
Will I feel nothing?
Be nothing?
Will I cease to exist?
Am I just a body walking on Earth?
Will I just rot in the ground, an empty husk?

What will happen to me?
Will I wander as a ghost,
Haunting the people I once knew?
An echo of who I used to be?

What comes after death?
Will I return to life as a new baby with a new name
Unaware of my old existence?
Or maybe instead of human I'll be a bug?

What will it be like?
Will I feel peaceful and happy, 
My soul living on with God in Heaven?
Or will I feel wretched and regretful,
My soul cast to hell, sinful and unworthy?

Is death just like sleeping?
Drifting off quietly into the darkness
Unaware, bereft of senses,
Until woken by the light
You rise and continue living?

No comments:

Post a Comment