Saturday, April 24, 2021

Love is Like a Tiger

Today's NaPoWriMo prompt suggested we find an article about an animal and replace the name of the animal with something else, then rearrange and edit to form a poem. I chose an article about tigers and replaced the word tiger with love. Then I used the information from that article to create this poem. 


Love is Like a Tiger

Love is large.

Love is strong and ferocious.

Love is bright,

But sometimes beautifully marked with darkness.

Love haunts the ruins of buildings.

It exists in the courts and temples

To the grasslands and rain forests.

Love is endangered

And reported less frequently,

But it is numerous at the same time.

Love is still long and spreading.

Rare love is longer and softer.

Love is a prize.

4 comments:

  1. Exquisite. Loved getting immersed in this short poem about what love is. Thanks for sharing. I wish you miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. The line that grabbed my attention is: "Love haunts the ruins of buildings."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. In the article about tigers it did talk about how they haunt ruins, and I really liked that imagery, so I wanted to use it in my poem.

      Delete