Wednesday, April 13, 2022

You Are Enough

For Day 13 of NaPoWriMo, the prompt wanted me to write a poem about good fortune or the possibility of good things in the future. This is my take on that prompt.

You Are Enough
By Candace Shultz

I'm just not feeling it today.

I can't chase the blues away.

I'm glassy-eyed.

I just want to hide

in my bed and sleep

or maybe just steep

in all my sorrows.


Would anyone care

if I'm not there?

I'm alone anyway,

a castaway

shipwrecked

and bedecked

with fears.


Will You hold my hand

so I can stand

under the weight of my own mind?

Will You be so kind

to pour from Your loving cup

and lift me up

with words of affirmation?


Lord, on days like these

when I can't see through the trees

and I feel no light shining on me,

I just pray to be happy.

Please dispel my fears

and heal my tears

and remind me of my worth.


Through You I can do anything.

I can dance. I can sing.

I can write words of poetry.

I can be free

of the devouring dark

and rekindle the spark

of my humanity.


I will rise and I will know

that there is always a tomorrow.

Even if I'm sad today,

these feelings aren't here to stay.

I won't hide in my bed.

I'll tell myself instead,

"You are enough."


No comments:

Post a Comment