Monday, April 11, 2022

Big Ego

Today for NaPoWriMo, the prompt challenged me to write a poem about a very large thing, so I chose to write about a very large ego. 

Big Ego
By Candace Shultz

You are so full of yourself.

You talk about how good you look,

How you're a gift to all women,

How brilliant you are,

How you're smarter than anyone you know.

But I just see a body bulging

With an air of self importance.

Your brain is so full 

Of the words me, myself, and I

That your head has gotten too big.

If I prick you with a needle, will you pop?

Will your ego fall to the floor?

Will you scramble to pick it up?

Be careful of your reflection

Or you too shall fade away

While pining for yourself.





1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I've met people like that--couldn't get away quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete