Monday, April 4, 2022

A Poetry Prompt in April

Today I was challenged to write a poetry prompt at napowrimo.net as inspired by the poet Mathias Svalina on Instagram. I enjoyed writing this poem! I hope you enjoy reading it too. 

 

A Poetry Prompt in April
By Candace Shultz

Dig a hole in your backyard.

Then sprinkle it with seeds.

Cover the hole with earth again.

Then give it what it needs:

Lots of sun, water too,

Conversation, and some food.

For if you take good care of it,

There will be a multitude

Of flowers growing in your yard.

And when the pollen is set free

Your ideas will be released

And turn into poetry.


4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of planting words/poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Candace. The idea of 'free' poetry appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for commenting on my poem. :)

      Delete