Thursday, April 14, 2022

Blackout Poetry - Dance to Remember

Today I wrote a blackout poem. Blackout poetry is when you find a page from a book, article, newspaper, etc., and then black out certain words on the page. The words you can still see become your poem. This is a type of found poetry. I chose page 148 in the book Hocus Pocus & The All-New Sequel written by A. W. Jantha.







After I blacked out the words I didn't want in my poem, the page looked like this:






The words you see on the blacked out page are now my poem. I rewrote the poem below to show how I'd format it on a page, adding punctuation and changing capitalization, and I added a title. 




Dance to Remember
By Candace Shultz

I whirl and jump.
I was there - 
Being remembered,
Fluttering,
Dancing.
Yes, 
I remember it
Like it was yesterday.
Grinning.
Dancing a spell.
I turn,
Try to concentrate,
And wander off softly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment