Sunday, April 9, 2023

Language of Love

Day 9's prompt to write a sonnet - challenge accepted! This poem took me almost all day to think about and write, but I did it!

Language of Love
By Candace Shultz

I feel his love in just a little thing:
A cup of cappuccino in our room
That when I'm sleepy he makes sure to bring,
In which its warmth does make my heart abloom.
At times he rubs my feet though I don't ask
And buys me lotion for my dried out hands.
He tries his best to meet my every task,
And when we fight he shows he understands.
But does he feel the love I have for him?
Are all the little things I do enough?
My cup of love for him is to the brim,
But knowing his love language can be tough.
Our words of affirmation - I love you - 
Are one of many things that prove love true.

2 comments:

  1. love this! just a sweet poem that shows all the little ways people love, and so wonderful you have someone who loves you so!!
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I read your poem too and commented on your post.

      Delete