Sunday, April 30, 2023

Excited

Today is the last day of NaPoWriMo 2023! The prompt today is "to write a palinode – a poem in which you retract a view or sentiment expressed in an earlier poem." My palinode retracts the sentiment I expressed in my poem "Afraid," which I will write again here so both poems can be seen on the same page. My palinode poem is titled "Excited."

Afraid
By Candace Shultz

She stopped dead
Anxious

Afraid
to see him
to leave him
not to leave him

Not daring to stay
She ran

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Excited
By Candace Shultz

She ran towards him
Happy

Excited
to see him
to be with him
always to be with him

Not wanting to leave
She stopped

She wrapped her arms around him
And rested her head

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I must be missing our April since I compiled four centos with all our Day 30 poem endings. Here is cento No. 2 which includes your final April words. Thank you so much!

    https://manjameximexcessive6.wordpress.com/2023/05/12/four-april-centos-no-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for including my ending. I read your poem, and it is beautiful. I left a comment there.

      Delete