Monday, April 24, 2023

A Drummer Review

The NaPoWriMo prompt for today is to write a review on something that isn't normally reviewed in the form of a poem. Since I've had a headache for the past two days, I decided to write my review on just that. 


A Drummer Review
By Candace Shultz 

A drummer has taken up residence in my head.
Sometimes she keeps a low steady beat, 
but, more often than not,
her cymbals clash discordantly,
leaving a wince on my face.
The best part of her performance
is when she pauses or stops playing,
leaving a peaceful silence,
which is a beautiful sound to my ears
and a brief respite to my brain.
Alas, I cannot say I enjoy this
drummer's talent, or lack thereof,
and I think it best if she vacate
the premises. If not, she should
at least take on a different profession.
Perhaps relaxing yoga? 

No comments:

Post a Comment