Saturday, April 1, 2023

Brain Fog

Today is the first day of NaPoWriMo 2023! I will be following along with this NaPoWriMo website as I write my poetry. Sometimes I will use their prompts, and sometimes I will find inspiration elsewhere. Today I followed the prompt to write a poem inspired by a book cover found here. I chose this book cover:

Jacques Futrelle. The Thinking Machine. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1907
 


Brain Fog
By Candace Shultz

My mind's in scrambles
Like scribblings on the wall,
A ball of yarn unraveled
And tangled on the floor.
I can't think clearly.
Fog has settled in.
My eyes just want to close.
Sleep sounds good.
I'll let the dark settle in
And cover the wall with ink,
Like a night sky with no stars.
It's still and quiet,
And peaceful within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment