Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Love Will Always Win

The NaPoWriMo prompt today challenged me to start my poem with a line from another poem. I chose the line "I think I know enough of hate" from Robert Frost's poem "Fire and Ice."

 

Love Will Always Win
By Candace Shultz

I think I know enough of hate
To show it to the door.
Hate is no longer welcome here.
It won't hurt me anymore.
Goodbye to all the harsh words.
Goodbye to its disdain.
Goodbye to all the violence.
Goodbye to all the pain.
I close the door to hatred.
I close the door to sin.
No matter how hard it knocks,
I won't let it in.

But when I hear a knock of peace,
A gentle call of love,
I know to let the caller in
For He is sent from God above.
I open the door to Jesus.
He enters through my soul.
He sits with me at my table,
And again I am made whole.
Love heals hatred's wounds.
Love smooths scars from skin.
Love is always welcome.
Love will always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment