Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Writer's Block

A blank white page
on the screen
A blinking cursor
staring at me
Words tumbling
through my mind
My hands
still on my lap

A calming breath

I can do this.

My fingers
rest on the keyboard
Waiting
to move
Waiting
for the right words
to spill forth
from my jumble of thoughts

A few words typed
and then deleted
Some other words written
and then erased
The rest escaping
from my mind
leaving me
dark and empty.

An exasperated sigh

Why can't I do this?

____________________________________________________

For Day 2 of NaPoWriMo, I was prompted to end my poem with a question. Since I haven't written much in the last couple of years, I've been struggling with writer's block. I think I just need to write a little bit every day to get over this obstacle.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes inspiration comes from the most random places =)

    ReplyDelete