Thursday, April 11, 2019

Things My Toddler Likes

Cheese and pickles.
Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.
Lots of tickles.
Candy, cake, and ice cream.
Mickey Mouse.
The color blue.
Chasing his cats all around the house.
Roller coasters with loops.
Reading Pete the Cat and Gossie & Friends.
Counting to 29, always skipping number 14.
Listening to nursery rhyme songs for hours on end.
Cars and trains and anything with wheels.
Playing with magnet tiles and building a tower.
A toy bird that echoes all his squeals and screeches.
Making the bird say Mama so I hear it over and over.
Squishing play-doh and asking me to make a car.
Singing "Mama, I love you. Mama, I love you"
To the tune of Are You Sleeping? (Brother John).
Waiting for me to say, "I love you too."
Copying everything his sister does.

_____________________________________________________

The prompt for Day 9 of NaPoWriMo challenged me to write a list poem in the style of Sei Shōnagon, a Japanese writer born more than a thousand years ago. You can find some of her work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment