Monday, April 15, 2019

The Tooth Fairy Forgets

The Tooth Fairy forgot to visit today.
Out loud to my child I say, "No way!
She must have been so busy, but it'll be okay.
Tomorrow she'll be here early, I bet!"
Inside I'm cringing. How could I forget?
I can see that my daughter is very upset.
Disappointment is etched in her face.
After I hug her, downstairs I do race
To tell my husband of our dreadful disgrace.
To us, a tooth can be such a dull little object
But to a child it is significant in every aspect
Because magic and money come from what the fairies collect.
Tonight the Tooth Fairy will make sure to stop by
Leaving a letter, some money, and glitter behind
And always a little magic for the children to find.

________________________________________________

For Day 12 of NaPoWriMo, we were prompted to write about a dull or significant object we own. Why do we love the dull thing? What would happen if we lost the significant thing? 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. This has happened to me a couple of times so I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete