Wednesday, April 24, 2019

My Bad Cat

My bad cat is looking to make trouble:
Putting her paws on the counter over and over again;
Licking drops of coffee from my near-empty cup;
Stealing lettuce from the kitchen island,
Then leaving it on the floor to squish between my toes;
Pressing her paw against a flower made of Legos
Until it falls to the ground, shattering into tiny Lego pieces.
She delights in my displeasure of her disobedience.
She stares at me, daring me to chase her away.
And despite the spray of water to her fur,
She continues to look for trouble, my bad cat.

_________________________________________________________

For Day 23 of NaPoWriMo, we were challenged to write a poem about an animal. I wrote about my cat who is always getting into trouble on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment