Monday, April 28, 2014

Blackout Poetry - River of Darkness

Today is Day 28 of National Poetry Month. My sister Cassandra prompted me and our fellow poets in No Direction Home, a Facebook group of poets and writers, to write a blackout poem based off of page 74 in George R. R. Martin's book A Game of Thrones. You can find my sister's blackout poem on her blog. Here is a copy of the original page before I wrote my blackout poem:



And here is my blackout poem:


This is how I imagine my poem would look written out:

River of Darkness
By Candace Shultz

The stars came out.
Silver bells rang softly.
It was full dark
at a place beside a small stream.

She felt as fragile as glass,
as weak as water.
Helpless and trembling,
she began to cry.

He towered over her,
a river of darkness,
unmoving,
silent.

The night air was chilly.

She was afraid.

1 comment: