Sunday, September 11, 2011

One-Minute Writings (9/8/11 to 9/10/11)

Here are some of my one-minute writings from One Word and The One-Minute Writer.

9/8/2011

One Word - "bars"

My stomach is behind bars, yelling to be released or to at least get some food in the jail. Soon it will start chiseling at its imprisoning doors, slowly eating away my insides until there’s nothing left.

9/9/2011

One Word - "clipped"

He yelled at me to clip my toenails. I must have cut him a thousand times, though the only fault of mine lay in not cutting my nails. I waited a few weeks until I finally took pity on him and clipped them. My fingernails will have to wait another few weeks until he yells at me some more.

The One-Minute Writer - Write a brief bit of fiction that involves laughter, but don't use the word "laugh" or any version of it. (Feel free to use synonyms!)

"You're so silly," Tiffany giggled.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" Jason replied.

"Well..." Tiffany ticked off each answer by counting her fingers. "You walk in snaky lines instead of straight like everyone else. You sometimes Rawr and move like a T-Rex. And you just rubbed my foot against your stubby beard. Who else does that?" she asked.


Tiffany smiled then jerked her foot away when he began to tickle it. "No, stop!" She gasped for breath.


Jason pinned her to the couch and tickled her sides, though she wiggled to get free. "Now who's silly?" he asked. He kissed her lips and let her go, then he jumped up and ran from the room.

"I'll get you back!" she yelled and chased after him. She giggled, loving every minute of it and loving him.

9/10/2011

One Word - "distinguished"

Can you distinguish between us? Am I Tom or am I Tim? Can’t tell? I didn’t think so. That’s the problem of being twins. You don’t get your own identity. People always confuse you with someone else.

The One-Minute Writer - Complete this thought: I'll consider this weekend a success if...

If I can write two posts for my blog, and if I can write the first two pages of a story, and if I can begin to edit my Christmas story for my friend Elaine, then I will consider this weekend a success.

3 comments:

  1. That's very good writing. I'm proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing to see if Join button shows up if I post a comment.....Totem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Looks like my only option is to subscribe to you.

    ReplyDelete