Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Six-Word Memoir

I entered a swap at www.swap-bot.com that requires me to write a six-word memoir on a postcard and send it to my swap partner. I've come up with several six-word memoirs in this blog post. Which do you think I should send to my swap partner? Which one do you like the best?


College graduate still without a job.

First college graduate in my family. 

Reads in car; gets lost easily.

Shy, intelligent, lover of words, writer.

Secretly wishes to befriend a tiger.

Daughter and follower of the Lord.

I'm one of the quiet ones.

I love tigers. Birds scare me.

Love to read, hate to analyze.

I should have been an accountant.

Hates to cook; loves to bake.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I think that's a good start. I tend to be a perfectionist, so I form words in my mind, then reform them, and reform them again until I either find the exact phrase I want or I throw those words away and come up with a different idea. That's why I sometimes find myself staring at a blank page for a long time. I have an idea of what I want to say, but I can't find the exact words I want to write. Other times, when I'm tired of being a perfectionist, I just write whatever and see what happens. I should probably do that more often. :)

3 comments:

  1. I like "I'm one of the quiet ones."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the fact that you want to befriend a tiger is really a secret to anyone to knows you... lol Christian likes the first one. I like the quiet ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You -- and every other human being -- are too complicated to be summed in six words. So go for the one you'd use meeting someone who fits the profile of your swap partner just as you'd put forth a certain demeanor when you met a stranger. They all pique interest, that's the best you can do in six words. Personally I hate the current fad of trying to reduce everything to a minimum instead of recognizing the inherent complexity of life.

    ReplyDelete