Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Six-Word Memoir

I entered a swap at www.swap-bot.com that requires me to write a six-word memoir on a postcard and send it to my swap partner. I've come up with several six-word memoirs in this blog post. Which do you think I should send to my swap partner? Which one do you like the best?


College graduate still without a job.

First college graduate in my family. 

Born in Pennsylvania. Living in Germany.

Reads in car; gets lost easily.

Shy, intelligent, lover of words, writer.

Secretly wishes to befriend a tiger.

Daughter and follower of the Lord.

I'm one of the quiet ones.

I love tigers. Birds scare me.

Love to read, hate to analyze.

I should have been an accountant.

Hates to cook; loves to bake.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I think that's a good start. I tend to be a perfectionist, so I form words in my mind, then reform them, and reform them again until I either find the exact phrase I want or I throw those words away and come up with a different idea. That's why I sometimes find myself staring at a blank page for a long time. I have an idea of what I want to say, but I can't find the exact words I want to write. Other times, when I'm tired of being a perfectionist, I just write whatever and see what happens. I should probably do that more often. :)