Saturday, April 2, 2016

Writing Resolutions Update

In January I talked about setting goals for my writing this year. They were as follows:
  1. Write for 30 minutes a day.
  2. Write a minimum of 12 poems (one per month).
  3. Write 3 short stories, which can include a children's story.
  4. Prep for NaNoWriMo.
  5. Write my first novel during the month of NaNoWriMo. 
I'll be honest. I haven't been keeping up with my goals. I wrote two poems since January, one of which I posted for NaPoWriMo; the other is hidden away in a notebook for now. I decided to change my first two goals slightly, but to keep the last three exactly the same. I will now write for a minimum of 15 minutes a day (hopefully longer). As for poetry, I'm not going to write one per month, but I do still intend to have a minimum of 12 poems. With NaPoWrimo occurring this month, I should have 30 poems by May.

I'm wishing myself good luck in achieving my goals, and I'll report back in July with how I'm doing.