Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year Resolution

I have been absent from this blog for over a year. I'm a bit sad that I've neglected it, as I do every now and then when life leads me in a different direction. At the end of the year 2014 I discovered I was pregnant, and with that came the unfortunate morning sickness that kept me on the couch or over the toilet throwing up whatever I had forced myself to eat. Gross, I know. Then the year 2015 arrived, and I found myself trying to keep up with my daughter while my pregnancy zapped me of any energy. They say you get lots of energy in your second trimester. Not so much with me. Finally, in June I gave birth to my son. Since then I've been learning how to be a mother to two children, which took up most of my concentration. My son is 6 months old, and I'm still tired. I love him dearly, but that boy seriously needs to sleep through the night so I can have some energy.

Anyway, that's enough excuses from me. I apologize if I seem that I'm whining. I don't mean to. My wonderful husband is currently trying to get our son to sleep in his crib that he's been boycotting for a few weeks so that I can have some time to write, which brings me to the point of this post: my New Year resolution.

This year, the year of 2016, I have decided to set a goal. The ultimate goal is to make a habit of writing since I haven't written much in the last year and a half except perhaps two or three poems, which if I find I might share. My specific goals for 2016 are the following:
  1. Write for 30 minutes a day.
  2. Write a minimum of 12 poems (one per month).
  3. Write 3 short stories, which can include a children's story.
  4. Prep for NaNoWriMo.
  5. Write my first novel during the month of NaNoWriMo. 
I want to be held accountable, so I'll be sharing my writings in my blog and with my family and friends so that they can help me achieve my goals. I will be writing for myself, so even though it'd be awesome if people enjoyed my work, it's possible it could be terrible. But I'll never write something great if I don't try. And I won't get better at writing unless I write a few or a lot of terrible stories or poetry.

So let's have a happy New Year and accomplish some goals!