Sunday, January 3, 2016

My Bucket List

In high school I wrote a bucket list of dreams, things I wanted to accomplish before I even hit 30. Well, I don't remember where that list went, so it's time to make a new bucket list, especially since The Daily Post prompt for January 3rd asks what the 11th item is on my bucket list. Life turned out a bit different than I imagined anyway.

My Bucket List

  1. Get my driver's license. My test is in two days, so hopefully I'll be marking that off my list very soon.
  2. Visit Dublin, Ireland. 
  3. Visit Paris, France.
  4. Write a novel during NaNoWriMo.
  5. Visit Rome, Italy.
  6. Adopt a child.
  7. Write a second children's story (I already have the plot in mind.).
  8. Go on a cruise.
  9. Touch a tiger (a lion, leopard, cheetah, or other big cat will do).
  10. Visit Greece.
  11. Renew my wedding vows on our 10th anniversary.
  12. Live long enough to meet my grandchildren and great grandchildren. 
  13. Take my mom on vacation to a destination she's always wanted to visit. I'd take her on a cruise, but she refuses to stay on the boat once it starts moving.
  14. Finish my scrapbooks I've already started. I think I have 5 or 6 just waiting for me in my dining room.
  15. Learn how to crochet.
  16. Learn how to knit.
  17. Might as well learn how to sew.
  18. Make a positive difference in someone's life.
  19. Raise my children to be good people.
  20. Teach God's love to my children.
It's actually harder than I thought to make a bucket list. I'm just writing these goals as they pop in my head. I think 20 goals is a good start. Obviously some of these goals are going to take a while. As I get older I'll probably have more to add to this list, so I'm going to write out my list and put it somewhere I can see to remind myself to make the effort to achieve these goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment