Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One-Minute Writings 9/7/2011

I enjoyed the prompts for today's one-minute writings. I even created a very short poem based off the word "existence."

One Word - "existence"

Existence is nil
Everywhere a wasteland
No trees, no plants, no animals
Humans gone
Destruction and chaos led to death


One-Minute Writer - Rewrite this sentence in a way that is more interesting and less cliche: It was a dark and stormy night.

Rain pummeled the ground in angry torrents as lightning scorched the black-as-ink skies and thunder shook the heavens.


Next time I'm writing about a storm, I think I'm going to use that description. I hope The One-Minute Writer has more prompts like these.

2 comments:

  1. Damn. I have more than a sentence :(
    this is what i have :
    I could not tell if it was day or not. I could tell that it was raining very hard outside. The rain smacking my windows making a PING PING PING noise. There were thunderous claps that made me jump when I first heard them. I didn't see it coming. I couldn't . I was in an accident that left me sightless. So for all I knew the sun had been out before the storm came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really try one minute writing...maybe it'll jumpstart my creativity.(This is Jennifer aka asma from Swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete