Saturday, September 24, 2011

100 words a day (September 15 - 23, 2011)

09/15

Four hours here. Four hours there. Never eight hours straight, at least not for the last month. My husband works the midnight shift, so we don't go to sleep until the morning when he comes home. On my birthday, in mid August, we went on a Rhine River cruise during the day. We slept for four hours at home, then went on the cruise, and then came home and slept for four more hours. Michael readjusted quickly to his work schedule again, but I still sleep the same way I did as on my birthday: four hours at a time.

09/16 

Today marks a momentous occasion for me! I'm pregnant! I took a home pregnancy test that said "pregnant." I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tell Michael. He was at work, and he had just sent me an email with an image about coffee, so I replied saying I had a picture for him as well. I sent him the picture of my positive pregnancy test. He sent an email back saying I was supposed to wait and that he loves me. We confirmed the pregnancy with a urine test at the doctor's office. I'm due in May!

09/17 

I went to Bad Dürkheim today for the wine festival. I took a few small sips of a very sweet wine. It was delicious! I didn't want to drink more than that though. Michael and our friend Marie went on a few of the rides while I took pictures. I ate some Annette pizza with onions, garlic, peppers, salami, cheese, and pepperoni on it. It was delicious. I drank a slushi that I had thought to be watermelon, but actually tasted like coconut mixed with the watermelon. By nightfall, we could barely walk through the large crowd of people.

09/18 

My cat meows at me from the floor. I think she wants attention. Either that or she wants food. I know I already fed her, so she must want me to pet her. She'll tap me with her little white paws until I let her on my lap. Or she'll rub against my legs while meowing. She jumps on my lap and lies down, waiting for me to pet her. Whatever cats want, cats get. She purrs. Receiving enough attention, she jumps down to the floor, meows at me, walks away, and lies on the floor next to the door.

09/19 

We're told to drink eight 8 oz glasses of water each day. Most people probably don't, but I've definitely tried. I went on a diet to lose 40 pounds about two years ago. I decided to drink a lot of water to help me not feel hungry all the time, since I had cut my calorie intake and started exercising. I didn't reach that goal every day. When I managed to drink 64 ounces in a day, the bathroom became my best friend since I couldn't stop peeing. Luckily, other foods and drinks have water content to fill the gap.

09/20 

I keep thinking about my sister's Christmas story she wrote when we were kids. The details are a bit fuzzy, but I remember the door knocker being the shape of Santa's head. And people kept dying. Every time someone died, the Santa head dripped blood, so somehow the two were connected. She also wrote a story about how everyone loved this pizza shop's sauce, but the secret ingredient was human blood. The more popular the pizza sauce became, the more that people died. I'm thinking about these stories because I'll be writing a Halloween story soon, and I need ideas.

09/21 

I'd really love to skip writing today, but a promise is a promise, even to myself. Some days I have no problem writing, but other days, like today, my brain draws a blank, so I stare at the screen for a while until I gnash my teeth in frustration and watch anime or read a book for distraction. Today's one of those days that I just don't feel like doing anything. It seems that I've fallen into a routine of laziness. I need to set goals and stick to them, and I need to get out of the house more.

09/22 

Coffee doesn't have its appeal anymore. I crave it, but when I drink it, I take two sips and want to stop. The taste isn't as wonderful as I remember. Perhaps I will have Michael make it next time. He often makes food and drinks taste delicious. Either that, or everything just tastes better when I'm not the one making it.

On the other hand, I've been drinking a lot more milk. Usually when I drink milk, I add chocolate syrup or powder because chocolate milk tastes yummy. Now I drink milk three or four times a day.

09/23 

My ears hurt! I've just been on the phone for probably four hours, maybe even more, announcing to my husband's and my family that I'm pregnant. Holding the phone to my ear that long has caused my earlobes to hurt. And I still have one more phone call to make. It'd be so much easier if we lived closer because then I could have everyone over for dinner and announce it all at once. We're happy, though, to be having our first child, so the painful earlobes are worth it, and they will be the least of my physical symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment