Saturday, August 6, 2011

I want to go to sleep.

My sister Cassandra wrote a poem in her blog where the first word of each line repeated the last word of the previous line. You can find her poem here: http://cassandralynnmiller.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-finished-story-about-frog.html?showComment=1307843049877#c5615798073010213857. Her poem inspired me to try the same technique. Here's the poem I wrote based on her criteria.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so tired,
Tired as can be.
Be it night or be it day,
Day won't bring me sleep.
Sleep won't come at night.
Night to all who sleep in their beds,
Beds that welcome you to rest.
Rest assured that that's where I'd like to go,
Go to sleep in my own bed.
Bed of roses so soft and beautiful,
Beautiful except for the thorns that jab,
Jab me awake and don't let me sleep.
Sleep, please come to me,
Me who loves you so,
So that I may close my eyes and rest,
Rest until I awaken fresh and tired no more.

1 comment:

  1. I guess your really tired, huh? I like the poem though.

    ReplyDelete